Monday 5 February 2018

10 Reasons To Support David Lindsay For Parliament

First, I have lived here in North West Durham for most of my life, I never went to school anywhere else, I am one of Derwentside’s elected public governors of County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, I served for very many years on Lanchester Parish Council, I served for many years as a governor of a local primary school, I served for many years as a governor of a local comprehensive school, I chaired Lanchester Branch Labour Party for many years, and I served for several years as Secretary of Derwentside District Labour Party.

Secondly, I would seek to work with a Labour, a Conservative, a Liberal Democrat and an Independent representative in each of the County Wards, ideally including someone in each of the former District Wards, to communicate the concerns of local people to me, and then to work with them and with me in order to address those concerns. My Campaign Patron is Councillor Alex Watson OBE, who previously served for many years as the Executive Leader of Derwentside District Council.

Thirdly, in the hung Parliament that is by far the most likely outcome of the next General Election, the price of my support for any Government would be the necessary support for a number of projects in each of the former District Wards equal to the former number of District Councillors, together with justice for the 472 Teaching Assistants whom Durham County Council has deprived of 23 per cent of their incomes.

Fourthly, although I am generally supportive of Jeremy Corbyn, I am profoundly disappointed at his failure to exercise in relation to Labour’s Durham County Council and its Teaching Assistants the influence that he has exercised in relation to Labour’s Haringey Borough Council and its scheme for mass social and ethnic cleansing. Had he done as much in this case as I am very glad that he has done in that one, then the Teaching Assistants would already have won. The Leader of Durham County Council, Simon Henig, was so afraid that I was going to be elected to that authority, that he faked a death threat against himself and dozens of other Councillors. Despite the complete lack of evidence, that matter is still being pursued by the Crown Prosecution Service as part of the attempt by the Director of Public Prosecutions, Alison Saunders, to secure a Labour seat in one or other House of Parliament. If I am wrong, then let Henig and Saunders sue me.

Fifthly, as part of my pursuit of a Brexit that served the needs of the areas, such as this one, that cast the decisive votes in favour of it, and as part of my work to integrate all parts of the United Kingdom into the Belt and Road Initiative, I am already working to bring to County Durham the Volkswagen Group’s production for the British market. A company would be wholly owned by Volkswagen. One Director would be nominated by each of the Groups on Durham County Council other than the Labour Group, which is clearly unsympathetic to this project, and one Director would be nominated by those Councillors who had no formal political affiliation. A number of Directors equal to the number of non-Labour Groups would be nominated by Unite the Union, including one by Durham Unite Community. One Director would be nominated by the Durham Miners’ Association. A Chairman appointed by Volkswagen would exercise the parent company’s veto over all decisions. 

This new company would undertake to match (by such means as to avoid any conflict of interest) the Members’ Initiative Fund of £2000 per annum at the disposal of each of the Councillors who were represented on its Board of Directors. It would underwrite the cost of the activities of Durham Unite Community. It would underwrite the Durham Miners’ Gala. And it would underwrite the cost of maintaining the Durham Miners’ Hall. This is only one of my many proposals to secure the representation of the working class in general and of the rural working class in particular, bypassing both liberal media and academic elites, and right-wing Labour municipal machines. Integral to this is securing for apprentices and trainees the same rights as are enjoyed by their peers in further and higher education, and vice versa.

The Leader of Durham County Council, Simon Henig, in whose person the liberal media and academic elite meets the right-wing Labour municipal machine, was so afraid that I was going to be elected to that authority, that he faked a death threat against himself and dozens of other Councillors. Despite the complete lack of evidence, that matter is still being pursued by the Crown Prosecution Service as part of the attempt by the Director of Public Prosecutions, Alison Saunders, to secure a Labour seat in one or other House of Parliament. If I am wrong, then let Henig and Saunders sue me. 

Sixthly, drawing on a very wide range of political traditions, my Westminster office would be a national and international centre for the formulation, articulation and implementation of the alternative to the neoliberal economic policy that had already given us the Carillion crisis, and to the neoconservative foreign policy that had already given us the wars in Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya. This would include the active pursuit of justice against those responsible, including the criminal trial of Tony Blair for the invasion of Iraq.

Throughout the present century, I have been subjected to a merciless campaign of criminal harassment by Oliver Kamm of The Times, who is now honour bound to submit his neoliberal and neoconservative zealotry against me to the judgement of the voters of North West Durham, either by contesting this seat himself, or by endorsing another specific candidate. The same is true of Tony Blair.

Seventhly, I am unique in having pursued for over 20 years the story of Harriet Harman and the Paedophile Information Exchange. Therefore, I should be uniquely well-placed to frustrate her ambition to become the Speaker of the House of Commons. But only if I myself were a member of the House of Commons.

Eighthly, a recent poster campaign in parts of this constituency has announced that Jayda Fransen of Britain First would contest this seat against me because I was mixed-race, and that she would do so with the support of all of this country’s neo-Fascist and neo-Nazi parties, of the Loyalist paramilitary organisations in Northern Ireland, of several racist and Holocaust-denying publications and publishing houses, and of neo-Fascist, neo-Nazi and white supremacist leaders from Continental Europe and the United States. The associated Twitter account describes defeating me as “the number one priority for White Nationalists at the next General Election”.

Ninthly, a recent poster campaign in this constituency’s principal town of Consett has endorsed the sitting MP, specifically against me by name, on behalf of every Stalinist, Maoist, Trotskyist, Shachtmanite and anarchist organisation in Great Britain and Ireland, and on behalf of every dissident Irish Republican organisation opposed to the peace process. The associated Twitter account predicts that the entire Left will descend on this constituency in order to defeat me, a veteran of the anti-austerity and anti-war movements, and a strong advocate of economic equality and international peace through the democratic political control of the means to those ends.

And tenthly, in very marked contrast to the fake death threats confected by my opponents, I am subject to a repeated and active threat to my life, sent from the United States on behalf of the most extreme Zionists and Hindu nationalists, while I am also an outspoken critic of the regime in Saudi Arabia and of this country’s craven relationship with it, and while I am also a campaigner for the release of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe from imprisonment in Iran. My candidacy will therefore be opposed as much by Sunni Islamists and by Shia Islamists as by the most extreme Zionists and Hindu nationalists.

Against me, and alongside each other, are Simon Henig and Alison Saunders, Harriet Harman and the Paedophile Information Exchange, Oliver Kamm and Tony Blair, neo-Fascists and Stalinists, neo-Nazis and Maoists, racial theorists and Trotskyists, white supremacists and Shachtmanites, Holocaust deniers and anarchists, Loyalist paramilitaries and dissident Irish Republicans, “the heirs of Moshe Sneh” and “the heirs of Nathuram Godse”, the regime in Saudi Arabia and the regime in Iran, Britain’s own Sunni Islamists and Britain’s own Shia Islamists.

Stand against them. Stand with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment